Sunday 14 August 2011

Wedding Frame

Hi everyone,
This month I am back to share my latest altered project, which is a frame I created for my mother in law's birthday last week. The frame itself was one of the Kaisercraft BTP recent releases, which is a long shallow shadowbox type frame, however you could achieve the same with many different frames.

Firstly I sanded down the wood frame and painted over it in white paint, keeping the layer thin and rough, to give it a weathered look. I allowed some of the wood to show throw and sanded back the paint in other areas. I then went over the white paint in a thick coat of Helmar 2 part crackle medium. As I don't have a heat gun, I blasted it with my hair dryer to dry quicker (Naughty). This further added to the aged, vintage look of the frame.

 Using the base wood board, I worked out the placement of my photos and patterened papers by doing a bit of experimenting with the positioning of the photo windows. Once happy with the placement, stick your photos into the windows. I used double sided tape to keep it neat and tidy.
 You can then decorate your frame as you wish, using chipboard, flowers, bling or anything else you want to use. I also added some rub on sentiments to the photo windows prior to sticking the papers into the frame as it was easier to do it before than after.
 Some close ups. Once all the decorations and photos are in place, I simply used Mod podge dimensional magic to stick the base board to the frame. I weighted this overnight with bottles of paint to ensure it stuck firmly.
One negative of these particular frames are that they do not have a hanger or hook at the back, however you should be able to find something in a hardware store to do this, otherwise they look lovely sitting up on a shelf or perhaps even in a large frame stand.

Have a great week
Holly xo

4 comments:

Yatie Tajudin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Holly!!

Susie said...

very beautiful! great job Holly

Unknown said...

Hi, do you happen to remember what paper collection you worked with? I am looking for something in this kind of green that is simple. Everything I find is heavily floral which I don't want. Thanks!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.